Well hello! Did you remember to set your clock back? Me neither. Probably for the better since we’re all nursing some sort of hangover (serious sugar hangover for me since I baked all day). This month is going to be so exciting since I finally get to start in my new job but that also means that my previously written out list of books, movies, and crafts isn’t going to be nearly as finished by the end as I had hoped. I’ll give you the full list anyway and we’ll just see how it goes. Without further ado:
November theme = geeky:
- Armada by Ernest Cline – Already started reading this book this morning and I already love it. All the geeky references make my heart happy, I’m really enjoying the writing style, and it takes place in the same city that I currently live.
- I am Spock by Leonard Nimoy
- Ready Player One by Ernst Cline
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- Fangirl’s Guide to the Galaxy by Sam Maggs
- Star Wars: A Long Time Ago vol.2-5
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic vol. 2-3
- You’re Never Weird on the Internet by Felicia Day
- Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley (for #TheReadingRebels Goodreads book club)
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman (for #WeTheBookDragons Goodreads book club)
- Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
- Just a Geek: Unflichingly Honest Tales of the Search for Life, Love, and FulFillment Beyond the Starship Enterprise by Wil Wheaton
- Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson
- Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
- Geektastic: Stories from the Nerd Herd
- Bridget Jones Diary (okay mom, I’m officially going to watch it… tomorrow)
- Finish watching The Guild
- Finish watching X-Files
- Catch up on Supernatural
- Catch up on Once Upon A Time
- Finish Christmas quilt
- Finish final swaps (Tolkien, Star Wars, and Mermaid)
- Turkey placemats
- Christmas presents!!
- Sweater for me
- Zelda 3DS case for J
- Start T-shirt quilt
- 3/4 finish of crochet storm trooper blanket
- cut pieces for norway quilt
Wedding to do:
- Complete boxes and officially ask Maid of Honor & Bridesmaids
- Book photographer and engagement shoot
- Make final payment on Engagement ring. Here’s a picture from when we gave the final okay to the carving (we had it completely custom made). Don’t worry, the red is just the carving wax (its super fragile so I couldn’t place the ring past my knuckle; my finger isn’t that short) but those stones are all mine and the final ring will be in rose gold.
- Complete Wedding website
- Research Florists/ alternative flower ideas
- Research videographers (any friends out there really good with shooting simple video so we can relive our happy day?)
- Research caterer’s/ alternative ideas (maybe potluck? maybe make it ourselves?)
- Check out my wedding pinterest board if you’re curious about what we’re planning
Misc. to do:
- Weekend (3 day period) unplugged
- Thanksgiving tradition
- Schedule dr appointment
- Get first paycheck!!
- Book rental car and hotel stops for Holiday road trip (check out how last year’s went here)!
- Find someone to cat-sit our furry family members
As always, you can follow me on Instagram @trekkiechick29 or Pinterest @TrekkerChick29 or Twitter @AimeXAime and check out my newly opened etsy shop. Until next time my lovely readers, live long, work off your candy hangover with some carrots and celery, and prosper!